1. Ohio State: What a difference a week makes. The Buckeyes found that out last week -- and again this week.
2. Michigan State: The Spartans’ Big Ten championship hopes are over.
3. Penn State: It was interesting for the first quarter against Rutgers. But the Nittany Lions finally clawed out of a two-week long rut.
4. Michigan: The Wolverines have a major opportunity this week at Wisconsin.
5. Indiana: The Hoosiers have to win their final two games — Rutgers and Purdue — to qualify for a bowl game in Tom Allen’s first season.
6. Rutgers: There seems to be clear progress and signs of hope for Rutgers in Year 2 of the Chris Ash era.
7. Maryland: Fourth-string QB Ryan Brand delivered a gutsy performance against Michigan.
1. Wisconsin: A chaotic Saturday cleared the Badgers’ path to the College Football Playoff. Standing in their way this week is Michigan.
2. Northwestern: The Wildcats have won five straight games, and that number will probably grow to seven with Minnesota and Illinois closing out the season.
3. Iowa: Life comes at you fast. One week after dismantling Ohio State, the Hawkeyes’ offense was limited to zero points and less than 100 yards.
4. Purdue: Like their in-state brethren, the Boilermakers must win out to make a bowl in Jeff Brohm’s debut season. Iowa and Indiana await.
5. Minnesota: The Gophers takedown of Nebraska was equal parts stunning and not stunning, if that makes sense.
6. Nebraska: Oh, my goodness. It was a bad Saturday for head coach Mike Riley and defensive coordinator Bob Diaco. Not only did Minnesota score 54 points, it had 409 rushing yards.
7. Illinois: It looks like a winless Big Ten season is all but assured for the Illini.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.