MONROE, Mich. —A small home explosion may have been caused by a resident making cannabis oil, according to the Monroe Police Department.
Emergency crews responded to a residence in the 700 block of East Elm Avenue at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday after a person reported a heater caught on fire, according a news release.
A resident suffered not life-threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital for treatment. Police did not release the name of the person.
A preliminary investigation revealed a small explosion had occurred.
Evidence suggested the resident may have been making cannabis oil with butane, which may have caused the explosion, police said. Two unknown powdery substances and a narcotic were also located.
There was minor damage to the home. Anyone with information should contact Monroe Police Department Det. Lt. Derek Lindsay at 734-243-7513.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.